El Metro and El Lift transit service continues to provide mobility for the City of Laredo residents. The administration wants to remind the public to continue to comply with Updated City of Laredo Amended Covid-19 Public Health Emergency Orders specifically those related to transportation and the general recommendation to limit all travel for essential purposes.
- El Metro and El Lift are not collecting Fares to avid passenger-operator contact.
- Passengers are required to maintain social distance and comply with designated boarding capacity. Boarding continues at 18 passenger’s per Bus and 4 Per El Lift Van
- El Metro and El Lift Passengers are required to properly wear Face Covers while on El Metro Facilities, Boarding Areas and at all times while aboard Buses or Vans.
- El Metro Reduced Fare IDs and El Lift IDs have been extended 120 days from the issued expiration date. Current IDs are being accepted.
- El Lift Applications for new Customers can be found online at www.elmetrotransit.com. Applicants are to complete the form and have a medical doctor ascertain eligibility. Completed applications can be faxed to 956-795-2317, emailed directly to El Lift administration at email@example.com, or mailed to El Lift, 401 Scott St. Laredo Texas 78041.
Stay informed on Mayoral Orders updates or regarding COVID-19 by going to www.CityofLaredo.com. For any questions, please call the City of Laredo Coronavirus hotline at (956) 795-4954.